Very little compares to eating freshly grilled brats in the summer. I’m going to share with you a time tested technique for making great brats.
- First boil 48 oz of light beer, regular beer will smell really bad. Keep a close eye on the beer because it will boil over quickly. I like to use Miller Lite.
- While you are waiting for the beer to boil. Cut up an onion into strips.
- Once the beer is boiling put in the brats and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off add the onions and set it for eight more minutes.
- While this is happening you should toast the buns, this can be done on the grill or use a cast iron pan.
- Your next step is to make mustard, get Coleman’s mustard and mix it with water until, it is slightly less thick than toothpaste. Note this stuff is spicy when you use apply it sparingly.
- When the timer goes off it is time to brown the brats. Using tongs remove the brats and brown them on the grill or in the cast iron pan. Turn the heat on the onions down to low.
- When they are browned strain the onions and use them to top off the brats.